Thursday, November 18, 2010

Where are you? Who are you?



When I doubt myself and  my ability to write a coherent sentence that someone else might actually want to read, I come here and take a look at the map down below on the right hand side of this page (just scroll down an click on it if you want).  I am always amazed and astonished that people from all over the world read this blog.  It lifts my spirits every time I look at that map. 

When I write, it's necessarily "local" in the sense that I am grounded in this particular place, this bioregion, my little corner of the world here in northwest Pennsylvania, USA, which is likely very different from where you are. Here, we experience four distinct seasons. We have deciduous trees that drop their leaves each year. We get snow (sometimes a lot!), as well as sweltering summer days.  Our local fauna includes great blue herons, black bears, and lots of whitetail deer. Right now, outside my window, it's cold and rainy.

Enough about me. How is it where you are?  Cold? Hot? Sunny? Are there clouds in your sky? Do you have palm trees or pine trees? Or no trees at all?  So different... we all come from such different places, with such different lives.

One thing we all do have in common is that we are sharing this tiny little slice of time together here on the itty-bitty blue marble we call home.  We share a common ancestry. We share a common path. We look up at the same moon, dreaming and wondering together. 

Today I'm trying something completely new.  Below is a video I found on Facebook and posted there a few days ago. I know that many of you who read this blog are not on Facebook, so I decided to share it again here. IF you've already seen it, that's ok. Take a second look.   It catches the essence of our oneness as humans sharing the journey of life together. 

Enjoy.


video


Photo Credit:  milky way photo posted by flickr user forestgladesiwander on http://www.creativecommons.org/

4 comments:

  1. Awesome and inspiring. I do not use Facebook so I am glad you shared. Loved this:

    "Dude! I am you!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenys! You comment just posted a moment ago. It's 8 a.m. here. I'm guessing evening where you are? hugs!

    Thanks Cleyre. Glad you enjoyed it. I know many readers have made the conscious decision to stay off FB, but I didn't want them to miss out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, whoops. I meant "your comment" with love from the grammar maniac.

    ReplyDelete